Saturday, December 13, 2008

Polar Express & Rylee's Dance Recital


We took the kids on the Heber Creeper's little Polar Express ride Thursday night. Melanie came down with Katelyn & Tucker and went with us, and Britt came, too. It was neat to ride the train - our car was the caboose for the first half of the ride (on the way to the North Pole) and the first car on the second half (on the way back to the station). All in all, it was a bit budget, but the kids had a blast. They got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus, sing Christmas carols, read the Polar Express and talk with some elves (Roo & KK both thought this particular elf, Peanut, was soooo cute!).
Kambrie was TERRIFIED when Santa boarded the train to say hello, but she loved looking out the window and seeing Mrs. Claus. She wanted to sit with Rylee and Katelyn the whole time - sitting with Mommy is definitely not cool anymore. I don't know that we'll make this one a tradition, but it was fun, and I think it'll be a great memory for the kids!

Saturday afternoon Rylee had her dance recital. She looked so adorable, and was pretty darn cute on stage, too! She was more interested in waving and blowing kisses than dancing (I should NOT have gone up so close to the stage to get pictures!) but she did great. :)

Less than two weeks until the big day! I love Christmas...

3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Rylee looks great in her costume. I have wanted to know how the Polar Express was up in Heber. We have thought about taking our kids but we hadn't heard if it was fun or not.

Miranda Whitney said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, hope you didn't freeze. I was thinking about taking my boys(maybe next year) do you recommend it? is it worth the money?

Heidi J Photography said...

Hey you, found your blog through a link and had to leave a comment! Your family is darling! I have a blog but it is private, so you can email me if you want access! My email is posted on www.heidijphotography.blogspot.com!