Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where have the last FIVE YEARS gone??!!!


Rylee turned five this past week and I am seriously struggling with it. How did the time fly by so quickly? I wish I could slow it down just a little bit, and keep her small and innocent and in the cute toddler sized clothes for as long as possible! Still, it's amazing to see her growing and developing into such an amazing little girl. This is going to be one milestone year... she's already sounding out words, so full on reading is just around the corner, along with Kindergarten. I can't believe my baby is going to be starting elementary school in less than nine months!

I have to mention that Rylee's top gift request this year was a camera of her own. Girl after my own heart! We got her a 5 mp digital camera to play around with, and she loves it. Glad we didn't go for the kid-tough variety, because she's already taken some very print-worthy shots. Love to see her discovering her talents and interests! On the evening of her actual birthday, she wanted to have dinner at Iggy's so she could see Daddy (he had to work). She was so tickled to be there and kept going over to wave and blow kisses to Ben.



For her birthday party this year, Rylee wanted to have a slumber party (with a Hannah Montana theme). Um, I thought those were for tweens? As a compromise, we let her have some of her girl cousins sleep over Friday night, gave them pedicures, played games, watched movies and ate junk. Saturday another one of her cousins joined us and we went to see Bedtime Stories (not too bad, if anyone's wondering). All in all, she had an awesome birthday.

Happy 5th, Princess Rylee. We love you to the stars and back!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

K. First, I can't believe she is already 5! Second, that cake looks GOOD!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Powells said...

five freaked me out too!! i cant believe our kids are this big

Gramee Wendy said...

Wow! I know you don't want to hear this, but your babies are growing up! Rylee about to start Kindergarten, Kambrie starting to talk... :) Cute pics. Cute girls.

teresapeacock said...

Happy birthday rylee. Sounds like you had a fun party, too bad that bella didnt get to come, she was sad, but wanted to wish her a happy birthday anyway. Have fun taking pictures and enjoying being a 5 year old...

Rhiannon said...

Happy birthday Rylee.
I know how you feel Dani about the whole five thing. So far that birthday for me has been my worst. Of course for Jersey. It's hard to believe.