Wednesday, April 01, 2009

So sick and so cute...

Yes, Rylee is super sick. She had to stay home from preschool today because she woke up at 5am and has been carrying a bowl around ever since. The truly sick thing, though, is that I'm a little bit happy about it... I know, I'm evil. Of course I'm not happy that she doesn't feel good, poor baby, I feel awful about that. I'm just a little bit happy that we got to spend the day at home together, snuggled up on the couch, watching sappy kid movies and letting all the errands and other stresses go for the day. And just look at this picture - can you believe how CUTE she is, even when she's sick?
Now, Kambrie. She is not feeling sick. Not one little bit. She is a ball of constant energy and attitude. Take these pictures from last week (to read a little story about the woe that went into getting these pictures, and see a few more, visit http://danipeekphotography.blogspot.com/).



I happen to think these photos are pretty stinkin' cute. That said, TAKING THIS KID'S PICTURE IS A JOKE! Between working at Kiddie Kandids and my own photographic pursuits, I have taken pictures of quite a few kiddos. Rylee can be relatively difficult to photograph, but Kambrie takes the cake! She is SO hard. She refuses to pose, she refuses to look at me, she refuses to hold still whatsoever. My only friends are my fast shutter and my ability to act like a monkey to get her attention. Still, there is something to be said for the unposed, spontaneous expressions I am (sometimes) able to capture because of her camera-attitude. Despite the occasional, random ta-ta grabbing, I wouldn't trade these genuine bits of captured personality for a million posed, forced smile shots!

1 comment:

The Powells said...

such cute girls...and beautiful photos...you are going to have to take some pics of my little man when he decides to join us!!!