Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Precious Time...



I've been going through some old pictures for a project I'm working on. Came across this one of Rylee, taken when she was about 5 days old... precious time, those baby days. They go by waaay too fast. Look how tiny she was!
She couldn't even talk back yet. Precious time, indeed.

While I'm on the subject of talking back, I should mention that Kambrie is learning new words like crazy lately. She is picking up more every day, seems like.
Maybe I should stop getting so excited as Kambrie learns all of these new words... would it be so bad if she stayed a baby and refrained from back-talking for just a little while longer? That precious time keeps ticking by, faster and faster. She is 18 months old today. A year and a half. I can't believe it. And she has the attitude to match... wants to do EVERYTHING herself lately. Time for lunch? I can feed myself, thank you very much. I need to be changed? I'll just climb on the hutch and get my own diaper and wipes... and undress myself, too (diaper included). We need to run errands? Hand over the keys, Mom (seriously, she climbs onto the table and grabs all the keys off the hook if she hears us talking about leaving; and then she doesn't want to give them back).
She is loving little games like patty-cake, tickle-monster and peek-a-boo. She's also doing pretty awesome with sign language.



Some days it seems like I can feel the time slipping through my fingers. Good thing my kids are so freakin' adorable, and therefore able to distract me. Otherwise I might be having some serious panic attacks.

1 comment:

The Mattson's said...

That is so cute. They grow WAY to fast. Hey did you get my email about my baby shower?